Author Topic: CAX Volunteer Q's  (Read 9124 times)

Offline Chris Perez

• Insert Coin
CAX Volunteer Q's
« on: June 26, 2013, 11:46:24 am »
Hi all!
I didn't see a thread for this particular group so I thought it might be helpful to start one.

My son and I are volunteering on Sat. Do we still need to "register" or bring our information? I assume that our registration would have been covered through the process of signing up as a volunteer.  I couldn't find any details beyond the volunteer signup process, but if something additional is needed, it would be good to know.

Thanks CA Extreme!  Looking forward to a great show!

Chris Perez

Offline Mark Birsching

• Extreme Team
  • Insert Coin
Re: CAX Volunteer Q's
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 06:48:47 pm »
Chris:

No - volunteering automatically registers you for the show.

Mark

vectrexer

Re: CAX Volunteer Q's
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 10:49:16 am »
Volunteering during setup last year I found it handy to bring some basic hand tools . 

So that I don't bring the whole toolbox again what are some good tools and sizes to bring to assemble and disassemble games during setup and tear down?  Would also be good for other volunteers to know

I'll toss some items into the list I remember were useful to have on hand from last year.  (i.e.: people were constantly borrowing them during setup)

General Items:
  • Set of work gloves.
  • 6-in1 screw driver.
  • Small flashlight.  (Good for looking inside and behind cabinets)
  • Small pocket knife.
  • Pair of needle nose pliers.

Pinball Machine Specific:
  • Socket Wrench with 5/8 inch and 9/16 inch sockets. (Leg Attachment)
  • 3 inch Socket Wrench extension.
  • 5/8 inch Open/Box wrench. (Leg Attachment)
  • 9/16 inch Open/Box wrench. (Leg Attachment)
  • 3/8 inch Open/Box wrench. (Leg adjustment)
  • Allen wrench/Hex Key set.  Small 14 Piece set in a swiss army style with  1/16, 5/64, 3/32, 1/8, 5/32, 3/16, 1/4, Metric 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3, 4, 5, 6MM.
  • T-20 Security Torx L-Key, or bit and driver. (Used during assembly of backboxes and/or backglass access.)
  • Pair of regular pliers. (good for gripping tee nuts, square nuts,  and other small nuts use to retain leg plates)

Video Game Specific:
Nothing more than already in the lists above.

Extras (Not required, but handy to have):
  • Hand Truck  (if you can bring an extra)
  • Digital multi-meter.
  • Roll of black electrical tape.
  • Roll of black Gaffer's tape.
  • Small pack of  6 in Ty-Raps/cable ties.
  • Cordless drill/driver with torque adjustment for quickly attaching legs.  (torque adjustment required to keep from over-tightening bolts.