Author Topic: Hitching a ride from Los Angeles  (Read 9365 times)

Offline mos6507

Hitching a ride from Los Angeles
« on: July 05, 2008, 01:22:34 am »
I picked up a Death Race machine off of Ebay in 2005, right around when Hurrican Rita hit.  Well, I had it sitting in my apartment, and I lugged it to my current apartment, but never got around to getting it fixed.  Now I'm going to be moving from Los Angeles back to MA and I can't fathom the thought of paying for $5 diesel for all that weight for something that I probably won't have up and running for a long while.  So I'm going to be trading/donating it to someone I know in the hobby who has since moved to Silicon Valley.  So I've decided to drop the machine off on my way to California Extreme, but I don't have a suitable vehicle to bring it there or the extra manpower to get it loaded.

So if you live in the Los Angeles area and are planning to bring a machine up to California Extreme, I'm offering to hitch a ride in exchange for splitting the gas costs.  Also, if you want to take a look at the machine and maybe try to fix it JIT for the show, that would be the icing on the cake as there hasn't been a Death Race machine there in a long while (which is part of the reason why I picked this up in the first place--it is really research project for a port to the Atari 2600).  So given the cost of gas these days, I'm thinking someone might be interested in the offer.  Just let me know.

Thanks.

Offline draginit

• TwelveNinedy
Re: Hitching a ride from Los Angeles
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 06:15:56 pm »
hey! if you havnt already, you should post this in the buy/sell/trade thread over at BYOAC.. you might just get some bites!!
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/