Author Topic: Cyberball 4 player for 2012?  (Read 10867 times)

Offline Dwayne

Cyberball 4 player for 2012?
« on: July 11, 2011, 02:25:56 pm »
6/23/12:  Since the show is getting closer for 2012, I thought I would inquire on the status of the 4-player Cyberball.  I do not see it on the games list for 2012.  Would be great to have that game this year.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

First, thanks for the 2011 show.  This was my first time attending and I was blown away.  Simply just great...I will attend for the years to come.  I really missed playing these standup and pinball games and some I did not remember until I saw them again. (Ikari Warriors, Elevator Action, Front Line, Battlezone, Star Wars, Dragon's Lair, Black Knight pinball and so much more).

Request:  Cyberball was not there, but listed on the games list.  I hope there is a way to confirm some of the games availability (like Cyberball) for next years show.  Would be great to have a Tournament on this as well.  

Question:  Does anyone know where a Cyberball game is in California for play at an arcade, etc.  I live in San Jose and would love to play that game again.

The original 4-player is the one I would like to play:  http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=7469

Thanks again for a great show!

Dwayne
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 05:07:19 pm by Dwayne »

Offline DroppinLoads

Re: Thanks and Request - Cyberball 4 player?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 08:59:39 pm »
Dwayne read my entire mind! I also attended my first Extreme this year. It was awesome.  Also, I totally drove in from Fresno hoping to play Cyberball all day ! (It WAS on the list of games).  Disappointed it was not there.  I also request anyone knowing were a Cyberball is located PLEASE let us know.  Thanks!

jkoolpe

Re: Thanks and Request - Cyberball 4 player?
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 12:32:18 pm »
Thanks for the kind words.  It is appreciated by the much overworked staff behind the show!

As for Cyberball...apologies, but the game list on the website is officially listed as "tentative." 

We do our very best to maintain the list and keep it as accurate as possible, but the reality of the situation is that we have many exhibitors each year coming from a large variety of locations, some are known and come each year while others are new.  And what each of them decides to ultimately bring to the show is of course their decision.  Most exhibitors try their best to let us know in advance, but sometimes life situations beyond a given person's control takes over and their list may undergo necessary changes that were simply not expected, and sometimes they even have to cancel at the last minute (which happened to a couple of folks this year as it does almost every year).  These games are also 25-30 years old now in many cases and can thus have failures at any time, and sometimes a game will simply fail too close to the show dates for the owner to have time to fix it.

Thus, without getting into specifics, Cyberball did not make it this year unfortunately.  A couple of other titles fell into this "missing" category as well such as Donkey Kong, Jr. due to extenuating circumstances beyond the owner's control.  But we did have over 500 games on the show floor this year which was a new record so we hope there were plenty of alternate choices for everyone to enjoy :) .

Thanks again for coming to the show, and hopefully we'll see y'all next time!

Happy gaming,

Jon (and the Extreme Team)

Offline Dwayne

Re: Cyberball 4 player for 2012?
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2012, 05:10:06 pm »
6/23/12:  Since the show is getting closer for 2012, I thought I would inquire on the status of the 4-player Cyberball.  I do not see it on the games list for 2012.  Would be great to have that game this year.

Thx...Dwayne

Offline mrbill

Re: Cyberball 4 player for 2012?
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 02:48:00 am »
the show added cyberball 4 player to its collection.  Last I hear it was working and maybe had some joysticks issues. I will ask about it, and if needed help to get it ready. So, it should be a regular from now on. If interest in it is high, maybe every year. If interest is low, maybe every few years.