Author Topic: Contests and Tournaments  (Read 12259 times)

Offline Ken Chaney

• Extreme Team
Contests and Tournaments
« on: July 03, 2011, 02:48:29 am »
There will be several contests and tournaments this year at the show.

There will be the traditional Pinball Tournament as always with a variety of games and skill levels - and of course fantastic prizes.

A Video High Score Contest will be run as in recent years, this time by Mark Alpiger.
Check out the details at http://www.classicarcadegaming.com/contests/CE2011/
It looks like the games will be Donkey Kong, Xevious, Millipede, and Black Widow.

A special Panic Park contest is also in the works.  This will be a crazy event with some twists beyond the usual wackyness of Panic Park.  There are some rounds that just call for extra interaction with the player, and your hosts Dan Amrich and Brad Martinson mean to apply it!  You'll have to wait to get the details, but there will be Easter Egg prizes in addition to the cash and of course a cheezy crown for the overall champ chosen from the two bracket winners.  The plan is to run two 16 player single elimination brackets with a $3 entry, all cash awarded to the top 3 places in each of the two brackets.  And other wacky stuff.  You'll love it, but will need to sign a waiver!  Planned times for the two brackets are 8 PM Saturday and 4 PM Sunday.  Signup will be before the tournaments.

Happy gaming,
Ken
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 02:52:55 am by Ken Chaney »

Offline GoddTodd

Re: Contests and Tournaments
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 08:30:53 pm »
Thanks for doing the Panic Park Tournament. That was a load of fun!!!

Offline rohu3594

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 05:31:47 pm »
just to get my curiosity out...this year show,  if i see one of my favorites games( pinball or video ) at the tournament section area, what should i do if i want to play?

what are the entry fee to play and how many game credit(s) to play. just for me to play while doing recording the audio sound from machines...always do that when i come here yearly show...let me know what is your thoughts..thanks. 8)?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 11:31:16 am by rohu3594 »

Offline GoddTodd

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 02:49:27 pm »
Thanks for bringing back the Panic Park Tourney, that was a lot of laughs last year.
Here's a video I did of Calex 2011. Highlights from the Panic Park contest are at 12:13 mark.
http://vimeo.com/26947798
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 02:52:33 pm by GoddTodd »

Offline adalogue

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2012, 11:10:39 am »
Any word on the tournament pin list?

Offline Dirk

• CAX Volunteer
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2012, 07:00:26 pm »
Ripleys Believe it or not
Tron LE