Author Topic: 2011 T-shirts (was: Any word on what the TShirts will look like this year?)  (Read 38443 times)

Offline sgtbilkothe3rd

In answer to previous post:
# 2 features an enlarged black silhouette of Fygar the green fire breathing dragon from the game Dig-Dug. It conflates that character as a concept of a dinosaur with a modified Jurassic Park logo. I understand the artistic intent, but it seems a bit of a stretch to me. Also, it seems to violate the concerns expressed for the Tron themed shirts a few years ago. At that time the claim was made that explicit Tron themes that were similar to anything in the original Tron movie could not be used for fear of potential litigation from Disney, not sure why Spielberg and his cohorts would be less fearsome from a legal standpoint. I can understand tying the Dig Dug theme to Jurassic Park the pinball game, but I am not sure that even all game enthusiasts will get it, I think one problem is the silhouette figure of Fygar is not immediately recognizable without his colors and is a bit blocky or pixelated looking in the current depiction. Just my opinion.

Offline Jordan

Can anyone submit a design?

Offline Rikitiki

• This Old Game
I think the main thing that made Tron difficult for us last year was using specifics
Light Cylces, Reconizers, etc.
Which is a little different than the Dig Dug/JPesque inspired

Offline sgtbilkothe3rd

Didn't mean to sound as persnickety as that came off. I am looking forward to another great show, I really appreciate all the hard work that goes into everything including the shirts. It is far easier to criticize than to create, and I hate falling into that category even if it is unintentional. 

Slaymor

Have the T-shirt designs for the 2011 show been finalized?

Offline Jordan

Design 3 has my vote, seems the most fitting. Second choice is design 1.  Not really sure what Jurassic Park has to do with classic gaming....
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 11:52:03 am by Jordan »

Offline DJ Sandman

I love designs 1-3 and I am curious as to how much the shirts will cost at the show?

Offline Jordan

Did I get a defective shirt or were all the Joust style ones printed with the graphic really low?  I got a punch-out one and the graphics sits correctly on the chest area.  The joust one is in between the chest are and stomach, it looks really odd.

Offline Rikitiki

• This Old Game
not sure why that would be  ???
email sent.

Offline Rikitiki

• This Old Game
Design 3 has my vote, seems the most fitting. Second choice is design 1.  Not really sure what Jurassic Park has to do with classic gaming....

Juarassic Park was also a pin and there at the show to boot.
the silloette DigDug/Fygar sprite was an easy cross over to replace the Dino.
and like the tagline from extint to exibition was classic arcade accurate  ;D
besides who dosnt like Dinosaurs!?