Author Topic: 2011 California Extreme Arcade & Pinball Show  (Read 21912 times)

Offline Namco

2011 California Extreme Arcade & Pinball Show
« on: January 20, 2011, 09:48:34 am »
Just reposting this year's show info from the email I got today in case someone needs to read it. I see Mark's getting an early jump this year. Can't wait for July!!!  ;D

We are very pleased to officially announce the dates for this year's California Extreme Arcade and Pinball Show.  It will be held on July 9-10, 2011 at the same fantastic location - the Hyatt Regency in Santa Clara, California. Please join us for our 15th show with hundreds of your favorite arcade and pinball games, both past and present, all gathered together for another fun-filled weekend of pure arcade excitement for folks of all ages!

We are working on this year’s lineup of seminars, guest speakers, and other arcade-themed events that make the show so much fun each year. On that note, we are looking to you, the arcade community, for suggestions for topics and speakers.  Is there something you would like to see presented (or even to present yourself)? This is your chance to let us know what you would like to see! Send us an e-mail at info@caextreme.org and let us know. We welcome all suggestions and will consider each one carefully.

The Hyatt is giving us a great room rate for the show ($87.00) and we encourage you to take advantage of this reduced rate on one of their very nice four-star rooms.  The show will be in the hotel, so you’ll be just a few steps away from all the action! Free parking, 10% off food in the Evolution Café & Bar and the TusCA restaurant, and discounted $32 tickets to Great America (limit 2 tickets per room) are also included in this rate which is good from Thursday night, July 7 through Monday night, July 11. We will be open until 2am on Saturday night, so plan accordingly.  You might also stay on Sunday night so you don’t need to check out before the show finishes and enjoy a nice Monday at Great America.  The Hyatt is located close to San Jose airport which will make it easy to get to your rooms.  Click here for more information on room bookings.

Start making your plans, requesting time off work, making reservations by planes, trains, automobiles, and especially trucks to come out and join us for another crazy, arcade-filled weekend!

And be sure to let us know if you're interested in bringing games and/or volunteering to help us out by contacting us at info@caextreme.org.  Both are most welcome (and can possibly be worth free admission and/or other goodies!).

Thanks to all of our previous exhibitors and volunteers. We hope we can count on you again, and if you've never brought games or volunteered before, why not give it a try this year?  You'll have a great time!

For more information as it becomes available and pictures from previous shows, visit our website at www.caextreme.org.

The Extreme Team

Offline DanAmrich

• NBA Hangtime - AMRICH 2020
    • Palette-Swap Ninja
Re: 2011 California Extreme Arcade & Pinball Show
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 06:48:38 pm »
Hotel reservations are now available at caextreme.org -- I just booked mine at the sweet rate.
"Arcade Gaming Shrine" by Palette-Swap Ninja -- shot at CAX 2010!
http://paletteswapninja.com/2010/10/08/arcade-gaming-shrine-the-video/

Offline Brackynews

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 10:05:38 am »
The main website is still linking to 2010 info, so I'm expecting the forum picks up a bit by June. 8)
Anyway my trip is partially booked, and looking forward to meet some industry luminaries on my first trip 48-state side.

Offline Fly

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 05:17:09 pm »
I noticed that Track & Field isnt on this years list :'(  Bummer!!!

I considered bringing mine but it's my "Grail". It was my first machine and it's the same cocktail machine I set the World Record on. I'd be afraid to let it out of my sight and I'd probably kick any ones ass that pounds on it. ;D

Hector

jkoolpe

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2011, 11:08:50 pm »
Hector,

The game list is by no means final nor complete.  As the show dates grow closer, look for many more additions.  There is a very good chance a T&F will be there as I know at least 2 sources that usually bring at least one between them, and we already have confirmation for Hyper Sports (Track and Field's sequel).

I know how you feel with regards to keeping your grail is as good condition as possible, but it truly is fun to share :) .  I bring some of my "grail" games each year (as do many other exhibitors), and I really enjoy watching others get a chance to play them as they would probably not be able to do so anywhere else, and playing them on a home computer or console just isn't the same.

It's totally up to you, but consider bringing your game perhaps...our eager and enthusiastic attendees are told up front to be respectful of all of the games, we do not allow food or drink in the game area, and truly everyone is very mindful of how precious the games are as we've never had any significant problems.  

Again, we absolutely would not want you to be uncomfortable, but maybe you might want to give it a try.  For one thing, we usually have a few pretty "hot shot" T&F competitors each year so y'all could have some serious fun competing :D .

Or on the other hand, maybe you have some other game or games you'd like to share?  ;)  As is our policy, bringing games will get you a discount off of admission and/or free passe(s), depending on how many you can bring on down for the fun!  Bring just 3 games, and you're in for free!  8)

Hope to see you at the show either way!

Jon (and the Extreme Team)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 11:19:11 pm by jkoolpe »

Offline Fly

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2011, 02:41:01 am »
I'm in for sure! The first time I even heard of the show was 2 years ago and I made the trip. After the show I promised myself I'll never miss it. I need to purchase a lifetime pass ;D

I'm still considering bringing it. It's just that there is something about T&F that brings out the beast in everyone. They want to beat the sh*t out of it and beat all their competition while they are at it. Super fun group game that can get wild. Then to top it off, it's a cocktail version and they dont have the most sturdy control panels. If I had and upright I'd bring it in a heartbeat.

Somethimg about sharing my machine with people that are just as passionate about the hobby, if not more,  would make me feel warm and fuzzy inside so I still might bring it even if I worry about my baby.

Hector

jkoolpe

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2011, 12:16:51 pm »
Gotcha.

Well, I shall leave it up to yourself then.  Truly it would be enjoyed by all, but again, you have to be comfortable.

If you decide to bring it, be sure to let me know so I can be sure to add your name to the official Exhibitor's list (so you'll receive the appropriate discount).  And you would also get a cool laminated exhibitor's badge if that's any further incentive for 'ya  8) .

See you in about 4 weeks!

Jon

I'm in for sure! The first time I even heard of the show was 2 years ago and I made the trip. After the show I promised myself I'll never miss it. I need to purchase a lifetime pass ;D

I'm still considering bringing it. It's just that there is something about T&F that brings out the beast in everyone. They want to beat the sh*t out of it and beat all their competition while they are at it. Super fun group game that can get wild. Then to top it off, it's a cocktail version and they dont have the most sturdy control panels. If I had and upright I'd bring it in a heartbeat.

Somethimg about sharing my machine with people that are just as passionate about the hobby, if not more,  would make me feel warm and fuzzy inside so I still might bring it even if I worry about my baby.

Hector

Offline Rikitiki

• This Old Game
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2011, 07:18:28 am »
Be sure to add Encoms Video Pinball 2.0 to the game list.
its finished and fully operational and was a big hit at last months NW Pin show in Seattle.

last year CAX the system had more bugs than a bait store. ;D

Is there a place to add games or email??
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 08:49:52 am by Rikitiki »

jkoolpe

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2011, 01:45:44 pm »
Rich,

More than happy to add VP 2.0 to the list.  I'm the guy who primarily handles this task  ;D.

It's added.  Glad you got the bugs worked out!

Jon

Offline Kody

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2011, 01:00:31 pm »
I totally missed out this year. I was unable to make it to the show due to unforeseeable circumstances, but I heard it was a lot of fun. I am really looking forward to next years event. As a collector, and enthusiast, this is of great interest to me. By the way, I am trying to find a nice Toy box to store some of my collection. I have been looking everywhere, and haven't really seen anything that I like. If anyone can help me out I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 09:19:44 am by Kody »