Author Topic: PLEASE address concerns with P.A. Music Volume Levels  (Read 11500 times)

Offline CrossHanded

PLEASE address concerns with P.A. Music Volume Levels
« on: August 09, 2007, 04:35:47 pm »
I've been attending California Extreme for some years now and love the event.

BUT...

There is one thing that has really annoyed me and my friends - is the blasting of 80's music and TV show themes *in the game room* at high volume levels to the point where it severely hinders the enjoyment of the games.  There's nothing like going all out for a high score on a game that can't be found anywhere else anymore, and then have your concentration obliterated by the theme from "CHEERS".

I appreciate the atmosphere the 80's music provides and enjoy hearing them again... but it should be kept either to the outside lobby area, or put at a volume level that can't possibly be heard louder than game my head right next to.

Thanks in advance, hopefully this year will have the problem fixed. :)

Offline sgtbilkothe3rd

Re: PLEASE address concerns with P.A. Music Volume Levels
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 10:22:14 pm »
I really have to strongly agree. While I love the show, and the time warp it creates in my geeked out brain, my main motivation for coming to the show is the games, not 80s nostalgia. Although I am a true child of the 80s (I graduated high school in 1983) the volume level of the nostalgia sound tracks drown out the game experience at times.

Moving these sound events to the lobby, or at least keeping the volume a bit lower in the hall is a great suggestion for those of us that want to concentrate on that great game we haven't seen in 12 to 15 years.

Offline DanAmrich

• NBA Hangtime - AMRICH 2020
    • Palette-Swap Ninja
Re: PLEASE address concerns with P.A. Music Volume Levels
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 11:49:48 pm »
I'm in a local 80s cover band. I've always hoped the show would one day grow to the point that we could do a few sets in the next room or something, rather than have the music in the same room as the games. In the game room, I'd also prefer the din of the games themselves.  :)
"Arcade Gaming Shrine" by Palette-Swap Ninja -- shot at CAX 2010!
http://paletteswapninja.com/2010/10/08/arcade-gaming-shrine-the-video/