Author Topic: logistics for purchasing games at the show  (Read 18185 times)

Offline toast

logistics for purchasing games at the show
« on: July 30, 2007, 10:04:18 pm »
I'm hoping to buy a pinball at this year's show... I finally have a place for one, and last year I saw several in my want to haves...

Of course, I'll let the game stay until the end of the show. :D.  Are there usually people with extra space in their truck at the end of the show who might be able to help me get it home (not far from the convention center actually)?

Also, if I get something at the Super Auction next store, is it possible to bring it into the show?  (assuming it works).

Thanks

(In case you're curious, I'm interested in the Pin*bot series)

Offline Ken Chaney

• Extreme Team
Re: logistics for purchasing games at the show
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 10:35:04 pm »
Thanks for the plan of sharing any game you purchase through the end of the show - good stuff :)

There are a number of people who would help deliver a game for a reasonable fee, just ask around at the show.  Lots of people do that at auctions.  Also, we have move out available Monday and Tuesday, so that gives you some extra time to make arrangements.  If you buy from us (Ken & TJ) and are patient, we can deliver, but later in the week as we rush to move the other 99 games we brought back into storage ;)  TJ has been thinking of selling his Pinbot, by the way.

As long as there is room on the show floor, games can move from next door into the CAX part of the hall, that's a kind offer on your part :D

Happy flippin'
Ken

Offline toast

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 09:06:16 pm »
Cool.  Knowing that you will (likely) be very frazzled Saturday morning, what will be the best way to find out if there is room? :D

Offline Ken Chaney

• Extreme Team
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2007, 12:31:34 pm »
During setup, we try to have someone "in charge" of floor placement.  As space allows, considering the auction, I think we'll try to have some space available for migration.  Slipping games into the middle of a crowded lineup might be tough, and power requirements make the risk of tripping a circuit breaker by plugging in just one more game a problem.  Best might be to check at the front desk to see what the plan is at the time ... it's likely to change with the situation.  My guess is a pod of games near the back door will be the best way to allow for flexibility.

Happy gaming,
Ken