Author Topic: Asteroids multikit at the show!  (Read 12657 times)

jkoolpe

Asteroids multikit at the show!
« on: August 06, 2007, 07:49:47 am »
Be sure to check out my Asteroids machine that will be at California Extreme this weekend. Braze has generously provided me with an early version of his Asteroids multikit which I installed yesterday.

Let me say that this kit is beyond cool...you get Asteroids (easy and hard), Asteroids Deluxe (easy and hard), and Lunar Lander. Dipswitch settings are handled by an on screen menu, high scores are saved in Asteroids and Asteroids Deluxe, and you even get that extra 6th digit in your score in Asteroids (so you can obtain scores for beyond 99999).

There are also a myriad of options for Lunar Lander. Thrust control is handled via the "Thrust" and "Fire" buttons, and you can make several types of adjustments to the buttons and their sensitivities, too. The selecting of mission type is handled via an on-screen vector graphic representation of the control panel mission description placards which you can select using the 2-player start button.

Scott did another bang-up job here...he expects to have these in production eventually but due to some current family issues, he is not sure when this will occur. He requests that folks do not email him about the kit...he will produce it when things settle down for him.

Check it out in person at the show!

Jon