Author Topic: 2010?  (Read 19518 times)

Offline mbh911

2010?
« on: July 07, 2009, 06:56:12 pm »
I'm sure I'm not the only one who won't be able to make it this year due to budget reasons but next year for sure I plan to go. The question is, where will it be held in 2010? Santa Clara? Thanks

Offline bkerins

• Extreme Team
Re: 2010?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 10:15:23 pm »
While nothing is set in stone -yet-, it is extremely likely the show will be held in Santa Clara in 2010 at roughly the same time of year.  We've had a very good experience dealing with the Hyatt Regency, and we think they will want us back!

Prior to this year, the show was in San Jose, so it hasn't moved far.  We're unlikely to move again anytime soon.

Sorry to be so vague and thanks for your interest!
- Bowen

JudithEAP

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 08:39:42 pm »
Score. I'm so very glad the Hyatt and California Extreme were able to gel well (only from what I've heard in the previous post). I would gladly pay a little extra (if it came to it) next year if it meant having it at the Hyatt. A 10-15 dollar increase in price makes up for any parking hassles from last year (2008). It was an amazing experience and the convenience (for those living the area) was heavenly. =] Yay free parking!

Offline DanAmrich

• NBA Hangtime - AMRICH 2020
    • Palette-Swap Ninja
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 12:25:16 pm »
I really enjoyed the Hyatt as a location. Easier parking than the Tech Musuem, easier shot down 101 for those of us coming from the north, and a great overnight option for people traveling a great distance.
"Arcade Gaming Shrine" by Palette-Swap Ninja -- shot at CAX 2010!
http://paletteswapninja.com/2010/10/08/arcade-gaming-shrine-the-video/

Offline Ken Chaney

• Extreme Team
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 01:53:47 am »
I'm really glad the Hyatt Regency worked out well.  Nothing is set for sure, but I think the hotel and show staff were all pretty happy with the way it worked out, as well as the attendees being happy.  I'm probably the only one who thinks the parking is worse!  (I used to take the perk of parking by the door since I needed to get things from my truck so often, but I'm happy to give that up to make it WAY better for everyone else.  We even had plenty of free space for large trucks!)

Offline sgtbilkothe3rd

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 04:52:39 pm »
The parking was a definite plus at the Hyatt, but also great was the short walk to the bar and to the lunch buffet just outside the Ball Room lobby. The speaker rooms were fine, and also seemed large enough. One-stop gaming rules!

Offline mbh911

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2009, 03:56:21 pm »
Thanks for response and I really can't wait to pre-order tickets for the 2010 event. Even though its a 3-4 hour drive for me, the fact that there is a hotel and all will just make the whole trip worth it! I'm going to try to bring a group of friends with me but for now it's just going to be me and my woman.

While nothing is set in stone -yet-, it is extremely likely the show will be held in Santa Clara in 2010 at roughly the same time of year.  We've had a very good experience dealing with the Hyatt Regency, and we think they will want us back!

Prior to this year, the show was in San Jose, so it hasn't moved far.  We're unlikely to move again anytime soon.

Sorry to be so vague and thanks for your interest!
- Bowen