Poll

The shirt(s) I'd most love to have:

Rudy behind the mask (black shirt)
6 (9.8%)
Rudy behind the mask (other color shirt)
5 (8.2%)
Vector design
35 (57.4%)
Death Race
15 (24.6%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: Show shirt art preview (Updated Vector and D.R. designs)  (Read 66609 times)

Offline sgtbilkothe3rd

Re: Show shirt art preview (Updated Vector and D.R. designs)
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2009, 09:23:09 am »
The vector design is my favorite, my only concern being that the dark blue in the design might not show up too well or have high enough contrast on a black T-shirt, at least not as well as it does in the image on a computer screen. Maybe flourescent inks will compensate for this concern? I would also suggest that the "13" number in the Vector design shirt have the coloring inverted to red numerals, and use blue presentation lines. I just think the numbers would be more apparent this way to any observer.

Death Race is my second favorite, I would suggest that there is room to make the game company names/logos on the headstones slightly larger to make them more readable and apparent to any observer.

Looking forward to a great show and some cool Tees......

Offline Ken Chaney

• Extreme Team
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2009, 12:18:22 pm »
My daughter suggested glow-in-the-dark ink for the vector design.

The vector is planned to be run in fluorescent inks, which "glow" under UV light.  Phosphorescent inks, which can be "charged" by light and then glow, wouldn't look as good in the light, and I think are limited to a yellow-white color.  I'm guessing the fluorescent is what would work!

ts4z

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2009, 04:59:19 pm »
I like all of the designs.  So I didn't vote.  (Nice work :-) )

Offline yankeebest

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2009, 04:35:25 am »

Please make sure you have at least 1-3x of the "rudy behind the mask-black).
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 08:47:46 pm by Ken Chaney »

Offline agharion

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2009, 08:46:28 am »
very nice designs!
I just wish you guys could use a lighter cotton for the T-Shirts. The cotton you've used in the past is too thick (for my taste at least). Living in So Cal, I think twice before wearing one of my older CAEx T-shirts when it's sunny...especially the dark color ones.

I wouldn't mind spending an extra few bucks for a 'brushed cotton' version of your T-Shirts.

Yeah, i know...I'm spoiled.

Hmm, we try to go with good quality shirts for comfort and durability.  Wouldn't lighter shirts wear out faster?  I understand the heat issue.  If you can supply the shirt (mail it to the printer in time) we can probably print on whatever you want ... send me an email at info@caextreme.org if you want to pursue that.

Yeah, they don't last as long as the heavy cotton ones (maybe 2-3 years if you wear them every other week, but longer if occasional wear), but they feel nicer on the skin (no new shirt itch) and is much cooler...something like the 'Hanes Combed Cotton T-Shirt' at cheapestees.com

Again, just my spoiled opinion...but am I the only one here that likes the tagless softer cotton shirts?

Offline agharion

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2009, 08:50:28 am »
Sorry...double post.

Offline trickykid1

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2009, 09:33:22 am »
Just want to throw my 2 cents in, and say great design on the t-shirts yet again! I think they're all very cool-looking. I have to say, I really like FunHouse, but I do think it's sorta strange how prominently Rudy always figures on your pinball shirts. Starting to really be creepy- but I guess that's appropriate for the 13th show. I have to also agree with the person who talked about the shirts being too hot in So. Cal. I agree that thicker durable shirts are preferable- I guess the problem is that the designs, like the vector look best on black, but the time of year that I can wear black t-shirts is limited. This isn't really something you can do anything about- just thought I'd tell you. I also think the "13" gets a little lost on the vector shirt... maybe if it were in red like the "CA Extreme". Anyway, great job designers!  :)

Offline nash

• Ataricade
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2009, 11:49:04 pm »

This is a version I did a week back and posted in a thread at CoinOpSpace (http://www.coinopspace.com/forum/topics/2009-california-extreme-tshirt) and Ken and Rich saw it too, and I think Rich is integrating the logistics of the "13" in that design into the final version.  I changed the graphics a bit and made things a bit less busy.  Like some others noted, I liked the "CA EXTREME" in blue as well.  I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product!

VISIT: ATARICADE

Offline sgtbilkothe3rd

« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2009, 12:41:54 pm »
I think that I still like the vector version with the Red Baron biplane, instead of two TIE fighters, one TIE works for me (there is only one X-Wing so one TIE would be symmetrical , ;P).

I am also still hoping the year "13" numbers can get worked in somehow.

Thanks for all the efforts guys, I am really looking forward to this year's games, speakers, and the new venue!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 12:44:24 pm by sgtbilkothe3rd »

Offline nash

• Ataricade
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2009, 08:11:43 pm »
Yeah I loved the Red Baron biplane too but everything in the game appears light blue as that game utilizes a hard blue plastic monitor overlay so looking at a 'white' biplane looks weird to me.

Anyway, the powers that be have chosen this version for the official California Extreme 13 t-shirt:

VISIT: ATARICADE

Offline ggpark

• http://www.botani.com.hk/
Re: Show shirt art preview (Updated Vector design)
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2009, 07:08:09 pm »
 :D :Dlike the the first Vector design

We like the the first Vector design.
In blue and with the 13 at the bottom!
That one is bitchin!

Point of Sale.

vectrexer

« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2009, 03:49:27 pm »
I would like to take a second to thank Ken, Mark, and the rest of the CAX 2K9 crew for the great shirts!   The whole family loves them.  I can tell because they are already getting worn out.

Thanks for the show too crew!